SEARCHLIGHT is a non-denominational Christian organization.
What We Believe...
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible and authoritative word of God, inerrant in its original manuscripts and free from errors and contradictions.(2 Tim. 3:16).
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe furthermore that God is Holy, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient, that He is the creator and sustainer of everything and that He alone is to be worshipped.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, that He died in our place and through His shed blood we receive the forgiveness of sins, in His bodily resurrection, and in His ascension to the right hand of the Father.
- We believe in the personal, visible, and pre-millennial return of Jesus Christ to the earth. He will return with His saints and set up a kingdom of which there will be no end.
- We believe that lost and sinful man must be saved from this condition, and that man’s only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live the Christian life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved; they that are saved unto a resurrection of life and they that are unsaved unto a resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Concerning Man's Need for Salvation:
- We believe that all people are, by nature, separated from God and responsible for their own sin, but that salvation, redemption, and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. When a person repents of sin and accepts Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord, trusting Him to save, that person is immediately born again and sealed by the Holy Spirit, all his/her sins are forgiven, and that person becomes a child of God, destined to spend eternity with the Lord.
Concerning the Gifts and Ministry of the Holy Spirit:
- We believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit mentioned in the Scriptures, and that they are valid for today if they are exercised within the scriptural guidelines.
- We as believers are to covet the best gifts, seeking to exercise them in love that the whole Body of Christ might be edified.
- We believe that love is more important than the most spectacular gifts, and without this love all exercise of spiritual gifts is worthless.
What we do not Believe or Promote:
At Searchlight, we reject the following popular doctrines of some Christian groups because we believe them to be in error Scripturally. This does not mean that we will not fellowship with those holding these views, but that we simply do not agree with these views.
- The teaching of ‘positive confession’ (the belief that God can be commanded to heal or bring wealth according to man's will)
- The belief that true born-again Christians can be possessed by demons
- ‘Dominion’ or ‘Kingdom-Now’ theology
- A fatalistic Calvinistic view which allows no room for free will
- Words of Prophecy that supercede or contradict Scripture
- The incorporation of humanistic psychology and philosophy into Biblical teaching
- 'Charismania' (the over emphasis of experiential signs and wonders)
By clarifying some of what we believe at SEARCHLIGHT, our purpose is simply to help those who are not familiar with our ministry to gain insight into who we are. It is not our intention to say that we are right and everyone else is wrong, nor is it our intention to argue our position with any Christian believer. We desire to have nothing but love and fellowship with anyone who calls on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ in truth and sincerity. We seek the unity of the Holy Spirit in a bond of peace and love, and believe that God has called us to a unique ministry that fulfills His special purpose in this generation. May God bless you as you seek to draw near to Him in love.